Sunday, August 19, 2007

Les Belles Isle

I have a feeling that at this point there are designers out there who don't read my blog. But if they did... they would read this post. I was contacted by a model from Les Belles Isle asking if I would be willing to sell some of my work there.

The idea is simple: Offer your product at Les Belles Isle and they take a percentage of the sale, but within the board, your notecard and LM reside. So, traffic is driven to your main store. Secondarily, Les Belles wants to be a one stop shopping area for new avatars where they can find quality designs. Personally, I love this concept and think that it would be foolish as a designer to pass it up.

If you are a designer and you're reading this... check it out and send the owner, Nikolai Fellini, an IM. They are also actively seeking models. And no, I'm not getting paid anything, Lindens or US$ to promote them. I just think they have a great strategy and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works out!

SLURL to Les Belles Isle
Lissa

2 comments:

Alpha Gam @ GCSU said...

I heard from a skin designer that they wanted 60% of your sales. She wasn't willing to commit to that.

Lissa! said...

Hi Tanya. Yes, they want 60%, but they don't charge you rent, they have their models walking around all of SL and at fashion shows giving out cards with your Landmark to your main store in them. I consider it just another way to market because they point customers toward your main store, not their island.