Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Heart Goes Out to Omaha

*Sigh* I'm sitting here typing this knowing that there's nothing I can say that will change this tragedy or at this moment the hurt, anguish and anger that my friends in this awesome town are feeling. Please know that as someone who lived in your wonderful town, worked on 98th St, shopped at the Westroads, and just loved Omaha... I hurt for you all. I'm sorry that this has happened.

My heart goes out to all who have been affected by the tragedy at the Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska. I'm saddened for the families of the victims and I'm saddened for the families of the man who committed this atrocity. Right now while emotions are raw and the hurt runs so deeply I can only imagine that it seems Omaha will never be the same. But please continue to trust in God and the overall goodness of people. Omaha will not be the same, it will be better. I know how strong the people of Omaha are.

Much Love,
Lissa

No comments: